September 01, 2014
Community self help group
- Place : Corner Brook, NL
- Time : 00:00
- Details : Adult Survivors of Child Abuse (ASCA SM) is an international self-help support group program designed specifically for adult survivors of neglect, physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse. There will be a Community Self-Help Group starting in Corner Brook in September 2014. Anyone who self-identifies as an adult survivor of child abuse is welcome to attend, regardless of your story, or where you are in the healing process. Participants must be age 17 or older. For more information, or to register (spaces are limited): • email firstname.lastname@example.org, or; • call (709) 639-8522 For information about ASCA visit: http://www.ascasupport.org/index.php
September 04, 2014
Films from Away - Monsoon Wedding
- Place : AS2026, Grenfell Campus, MUN
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : email@example.com
- Details : Films from Away is pleased to announce our first film of the 2014-15 season, “Monsoon Wedding,” winner of the Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival. From India, it follows the drama of a wealthy father with clear ideas of how his daughter’s arranged marriage should go, a daughter with second thoughts, a wedding planner who falls in love, a cousin who is discovering the joys of sexuality, wedding guests from around the world arriving during the monsoon season, all accompanied by a bouncy Bollywood music track. It all makes for a delightful romp to get our season started in fine style.
September 06, 2014
TD Tree Days
- Place : Schwartz Park
- Time : 09:00
- Contact : Derek Keeping - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details : TD Tree Days COMMUNITY LISTING NOTICE Tree lovers of all ages are invited to help plant 150 trees at Schwartz Park on Saturday, September 6th as part of TD Tree Days 2014. The planting will start at 9:00am - rain or shine. This is one of over 140 events taking place across the country where volunteers will help plant 50,000 trees in celebration of the program's 5th anniversary. To register for the TD Tree Days event or to learn more, visit www.tdtreedays.com.
September 11, 2014
ROAD TO NINJA-NARUTO THE MOVIE
- Place : Cineplex Cinemas Avalon Mall
- Time : 02:00
- Details : Long ago, a mysterious masked shinobi unleashed the Nine-Tailed Fox onto the Village Hidden in the Leaves to spread chaos and destruction. But the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze, and his wife Kushina Uzumaki sealed the Tailed Beast into their newborn son Naruto to save the village, foiling the shinobi’s plan. Years later, Naruto and his friends succeed in driving away the infamous Akatsuki, who have mysteriously returned from the dead. Upon returning to the village, the young shinobi are praised by their families for completing a dangerous mission. Reminded of how alone he is, Naruto begins to wonder what it’s like to have parents, when a strange masked figure appears before him – the same masked shinobi responsible for the death of his parents!
September 13, 2014
FREE KIDS CARNIVAL!
- Place : FRED BASHA MEMORIAL FIELD
- Time : 14:00
- Contact : Laurie Rogers 634-2341
- Details : SonRise Ministries & Kids For Christ Invite you to join us SATURDAY,SEPTEMBER 13th 2:00pm-4:00pm for our FREE KIDS CARNIVAL!