December 05, 2013
Found Memories (film)
- Place : Grenfell Campus, AS2026
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : email@example.com
- Details : This week, "Films from Away" is pleased to present a Brazilian film called "Found Memories." It focusses on a photographer "from away" who, following a set of abandoned railroad tracks encounters a city lost in time, but with good coffee and fresh bread. At first suspicious, the residents slowly warm to being captured by the camera, as the stranger attempts to document the languid spirit of the place. Of course, not everyone is happy with the situation. The priest is upset, when the photographer wants access to the locked cemetery, in this city where people "have forgotten how to die"and where "god closed the cemetery" (according to the priest). Throughout, there are captivating vignettes, lovingly represented.
December 06, 2013
RNCA Senior's Christmas Party
- Place : Jennifer's Lower Level Restaurant
- Time : 01:00
- Details : Come join us for an afternoon of Christmas cheer! Live entertainment and lunch provided. All are welcome.
December 08, 2013
BIMA presents "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
- Place : First United Church, Corner Brook
- Time : 20:00
- Details : Bay of Islands Musical Arts presents "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", taking place Sunday, December 8th, 8pm at the First United Church. Please join us for a night of Christmas music featuring: - the Bay of Islands Musical Arts Chorus (Jennifer Matthews, director) - the Bay of Islands Musical Arts Children's Chorus (Linda Carr, director) - the Chorale (Gary Graham, director) - the Salvation Army Brass Emsemble (Darren Hancock, director) Tickets $15 for adults, $10 for seniors/students, children 13 and under free; available at Gary Bennett Music, First United Church office, and at the door. Follow us on facebook and twitter for instructions on how to enter to win 2 free tickets!
Bonne Bay Artists and Crafters Christmas Fair
- Place : Julia Ann Walsh Community Centre (old Cottage Hospital), Hospital Lane, Norris Point
- Time : 14:00
- Contact : Barbara Bellows 709-458-3021
- Details : From 2pm to 6pm local artists and crafters are selling quilts, knitted goods, paintings, photographs, wooden ware, baked goods, wreaths, tree ornaments and much more. It's the perfect way to support your local community and give beautiful hand-made gifts. Door prize of a small Barbara Bellows painting.
Whaleback Nordic Ski Club General Meeting
- Place : Whaleback Chalet
- Time : 14:00
- Contact : Doug Fowlow
- Details : Whaleback Nordic To Hold General Meeting The Fall General Meeting of the Whaleback Nordic Ski Club will be held on Sunday afternoon,December 8th at the Ski Chalet beginning at 2 pm. Plans for the upcoming season will be presented which will include financial statements, the 2014 Budget and the new online registration system that will be available to members this year. 2014 memberships will be available for purchase at the meeting. All members and prospective members are urged to attend to help guide the direction of your club.