February 13, 2014
"A Simple Life" (film)
- Place : AS2026, Grenfell Campus
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details : This week, in honour of St. Valentine’s Day, the Films from Away series offers a portrait of enduring love and tenderness. A maid who has served the Leung family for decades suffers a stroke. The only family member still living in China, Roger, begins to visit his former maid regularly, and cares for her needs. Thus, the relationship has shifted, and we see the profound sense of caring and gentleness that these two people have for each other. Their lives have intersected and they uphold those bonds with a careful dignity. A highly-regarded and poignant film from Hong Kong, with English subtitles. All are welcome. Free.
Life in The Spirit Seminars
- Place : Holy Redeemer Cathedral
- Time : 19:30
- Contact : Wayne or Amelia at 388-1048
- Details : Are you feeling empty? Are you searching for joy and peace in your life. If yes, then, "The Life in the Spirit Seminars " are for you. The seminars will be offered on seven consecutive Thursday nights at the Holy Redeemer Cathedral starting on February 13th from 7:30 - 9:00 pm For more information, call Wayne or Amelia at 388-1048 or Christine at 634-2636.
- February 20, 2014 - Where do we go from here? (film)
- February 23, 2014 - CD Sale
- February 27, 2014 - 20 Feet From Stardom (film)
- February 27, 2014 - Parent Support Group
- March 6, 2014 - Seducing Doctor Lewis (film)
- March 7, 2014 - General Meeting
- March 13, 2014 - The Lady (film)
- March 15, 2014 - Rummage Sale
- March 18, 2014 - How do you build a multicultural community?
- March 20, 2014 - Monsieur Lazhar (film)