Unattended candle caused apartment fire

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

This apartment at 97 Georgia Dr. in Stephenville was destoyed by a fire Friday night that started because of a candle left burning unattended in the home.

A candle left burning unattended in an apartment in Stephenville caused the fire that displaced nine people Friday night.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Monday that it had determined the cause of the fire at 97 Georgia Dr. to be accidental and that it had been caused by a burning candle. Police say the resident of the apartment was outside when the fire started.

One of the apartments in the four-unit building was completely destroyed and the other three received minor water and considerable smoke damage.

Organizations: Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Geographic location: Stephenville, Georgia

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

  • Kevin Dawson
    January 29, 2013 - 20:36

    Most accidental candle fires like this can be prevented! Kevin's Kandles provide an innovative concept in safer candles for illumination. These candles are Much Safer than traditional candles, Convenient, Inexpensive and Environmentally Friendly. If a Kevin's Kandle is left unattended - it will go out; if it is tipped over - it will go out! Ideal for Emergency and Disaster Preparedness. Help reduce the risk of accidental candle fires in our communities by visiting www.asafercandle.com