The provincial government is joining with the towns of Deer Lake and Hampden to provide $378,000 in funding for important projects in the areas of water and road infrastructure.
“This $378,000 in funding for these projects is important to the safety and viability of these towns,” said Kevin O’Brien, minister of Municipal Affairs in a press release. “The provincial government is committed to the upgrading of infrastructure to benefit residents in our towns and communities. Since 2008, over $50 million has been invested in these types of water treatment projects across the province.”
The lift station in Deer Lake serves 47 per cent of the community and $217,000 will be provided for upgrades to the system. In the Town of Hampden, $161,000 will complete upgrades to the timber bridge which provides access to the chlorination building.
Funding for these projects is cost-shared, with the provincial government providing 90 per cent of the funding and the towns of Deer Lake and Hampden each covering the remaining 10 per cent.