BURGEO — The RCMP in Burgeo have confirmed the 61-year-old Kippens woman, who was found dead in a cabin near Portage Lake off the Buchans Road on Aug. 27, died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Her 63-year-old husband is now out of hospital and home with family in Kippens.
The couple’s son found the woman dead and her husband unconscious in their cabin, police said.
The son was concerned about his parents after they didn't return home.
Police said there was a fridge and stove operated by propane in the cabin, and it is believed one of those appliances was the source of a leak.