© Star photo by Frank Gale
Couple escape house fire in Cold Brook
COLD BROOK An adult couple and their pet dog escaped injury from a house fire in Cold Brook thanks to a smoke detector in their home that alerted them in the early morning hours of Monday.
Police were notified of the fire at 1:28 a.m. and Fire Chief Wayne Reilly of the Stephenville Fire Department said at 1:30 a.m. his department was called and they responded.
He said the department fought the blaze and was assisted by the Safety and Emergency Response Training Centre in Stephenville, who shuttled water for them.
Police investigators were expected on the scene on Monday morning to being their investigation into the fire.