Comments

Comments

• Louis Humphreys
    April 21, 2014 - 07:57

This country's legal system is so soft. There's no way this man should be out. He should really be doing like 40 years.

• Lauralee
    February 09, 2014 - 12:48

Thank you everyone for your voices, I agree with you all, and thank you for your condolences. The Prosecutor and Defence agreed on a Plea Bargain of 2nd Degree Murder if he pled guilty, the family has no say. And now the Parole Board of Canada is giving him yet another 6 months of freedom even though tests he endured proved he is a High Risk to Reoffend in a Domestic Situation! There is NO JUSTICE IN CANADA!!!!!!!

• Alicia
    February 07, 2014 - 01:09

I am disgusted by this! Where is the justice? Brenda doesn't get her life back why on earth should her killer??? A life for a life, that's what I believe!

• gb
    February 06, 2014 - 16:09

"and getting counselling to help him deal with why he turned into a jealous killer." seriously? my taxpayers dollars are being spent to helpthis prick deal with something? omg I'd vote for a return of lethal injections in a heartbeat after reading that.

• WHAT!!!
    February 06, 2014 - 15:12

I'm still not clear on how this went to a second degree murder charge. You take a shotgun which you know to be loaded; point it at the face of a woman with whom you are squabbling and squeeze the trigger. Ahh that could not be more first degree. Yes, like many of the other commenters to this article my pity is for the next individual in his cross hairs

• Where is Justice
    February 06, 2014 - 10:20

"He had originally been charged with first-degree murder when the single mother of three succumbed to her injuries on June 28, 2000. She was 40 years old." He caused a death of a mother...she can't come back!

• Joe Schmoe
    February 06, 2014 - 09:21

Life is rarely fair, but this is just cruel. He should never have been set free. We need a new system. One that works.

• sick of this silly justice system
    February 06, 2014 - 08:00

this justice system really needs to be shaken up.you know theres something wrong when the murderer gets everything he wants and the family is not even listened too. probley only a matter of time before it happens again then what they are going to say "I'm sorry"...this is sicking....to the family my heart and prayers are with you.

• sad
    February 05, 2014 - 22:03

we have gone ben there and its sad how the victims family has to suffer because some asso gets out lock him up it only gets worst been there