Projects in Springdale/Baie Verte get $3.3 million in funding

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Latest News

 The provincial government is sinking a total of $3.3 million into infrastructure projects in the Springdale and Baie Verte Peninsula areas.

Funding for the five cost-shared projects was announced Monday by Municipal and Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dan Crummell and Kevin Pollard, Tory legislature member for Baie Verte-Springdale.

The bulk of the money will be $2 million for water and sewer, storm sewer and paving work on Bayview Road, Hemlock Road, Simm's Road, Normore's Road, Forest Road and Whitehorne's Lane in Springdale, plus the purchase and installation of flow meters in the town.

The Town of Baie Verte is getting $500,000 in additional funding for a fire hall/community centre. There will be $350,000 for the initial phase of a water and sewer extension project in the town of Burlington; $302,000 in additional funding for the new town hall in the Fleur de Lys; and $146,000 for street paving of Wells Road, Captain’s Lane and Circular Road in Little Bay.

In each case, the province will cover 90 per cent of the project cost while the towns will contribute the remaining 10 per cent.

Organizations: Town of Baie Verte

Geographic location: Springdale, Baie Verte, Bayview Road Hemlock Road Forest Road Burlington Fleur de Lys Wells Road Circular Road Little Bay.In

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments