Written by award-winning novelist and SaltWire columnist Russell Wangersky, and first published as a web-only serial in 2015, "Atlantic Nights: They Lived 1,000 Lies" is about a family coping with their mother's dementia journey.
The novel is now available for free as an ebook.
SaltWire Network journalists have also reported on the non-fiction experience of families caring for loved ones with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia.
- Caregivers' voices: families can find themselves frustrated, alone in dealing with dementia
- Calling all caregivers in Nova Scotia and P.E.I.: respondents needed for survey studying burnout
- Corner Brook nursing expert says heeding early signs of possible dementia is crucial to entire family
- Darce Fardy: Dementia and keeping life’s glass half-full
- John Demont: For Alzheimer’s and dementia, care as important as cure
- Yes Norma, You're Still my Mom: A Yarmouth update in a daughter's own words about her mom who has Alzheimer's
- Dementia steals Truro woman’s mother from her
- See the person, not the disease
- Caregivers discuss roles in supporting loved ones with dementia