Fire causes damages to Shoppers Drug Mart

Frank Gale
Published on January 17, 2014
Firefighter Chris Butt exits Shoppers Drug Mart in Stephenville with a fire extinguisher.
Star photo by Frank Gale

STEPHENVILLE  A fire this morning at Shoppers Drug Mart in Stephenville Plaza appears to have been cause by an electrical problem.

According to a staff member, there were flames coming from a wall and the building  filled with smoke but all staff quickly exited the building. The fire was noticed at about 9 a.m. and the Stephenville Fire Department attended.

The fire was put out quickly and firefighters then used a large fan to blow the smoke out of the building.

A staff member said he is hoping staff can return to the store and and that it will be reopened today.