Gordon LeRoux, a former military serviceman, was one of many people impressed with Remembrance ceremonies held at Stephenville High on Thursday.
At a luncheon for special guests following the ceremony, he commented on how well the assembly went, between the music and tributes through drama, to how disciplined everyone in the audience was.
LeRoux is a longtime Legionnaire with 40 years of service with that organization, serving on the executive while living in Labrador, and as a member since returning to Stephenville after retirement some years ago.
He said everyone seemed to recognize the event as being a solemn ceremony of respect and remembrance.
- Entrance of colour party, Legionnaires and guests.
- Playing of “O Canada” by school band.
- Words of prayer and inspiration by Rev. Kris Gosse, St. Augustine Anglican Church.
- Solo “If You’re Reading This” by Tim McGrow performed by Thomas Conran.
- “Au Champ D’Honneur” read by Ryan McNeil-Lamswood and Julia Patten.
- “In Flanders Fields” performed by Remembrance Day choir under Susan Fowlow.
- “Royal Brigade” by Stephenville High School Band under Adam Day.
- Remembrance Day drama presentation by Dara Best’s drama class.
- “Last Post” and “Reveille” by Evan Girardin.