Top News

No injuries in Stephenville fire at Burton’s Apartments

While a firefighter enters an apartment building on Burton Place in Stephenville to check out and ensure there is no smoldering in the attic, other firefighters take a break after putting out the fire in the building.
While a firefighter enters an apartment building on Burton Place in Stephenville to check out and ensure there is no smoldering in the attic, other firefighters take a break after putting out the fire in the building. - Frank Gale

There were no injuries in a fire that took place at one of Burton’s Apartments at Burton Place in Stephenville at noon hour today.

Cpl. John Butler of the Bay St. George RCMP said it appears the fire was accidental in nature and the apartment unit where it originated had nobody in it at the time.

However, there was a man in the opposite end of the duplex apartment who got out and moved his vehicle that was parked close to the building.

The call came in at 12:25 p.m. and firefighters and other emergency responders were at the scene shortly after and put out the fire, which resulted in both sides of the building sustaining fire and smoke damages, with greater damage to the originating unit.

Butler said the scene has been released to the renter and the apartment owner.

Recent Stories