Two French-speaking men spent two days fishing on the Lower Humber without a guide this week.
An angler ran into the two men on Tuesday night and informed them that they weren’t allowed to be fishing a scheduled salmon river without a guide.
The two men continued to fish after being told about the regulations when it comes to non-resident anglers.
On Thursday night, the two were back on the river at the same location at Boom Siding.
The Star contacted the Department of Fisheries and Oceans on Friday to see if there have been any reports from anglers who had put in complaints about out-of-province anglers going on the river without a guide.
A DFO official said no complaint had been received about any angler, let alone the two guys who were seen fishing the Boom with no guide with them.
A DFO spokesman said a detailed report on salmon angling charges will be made available around the middle of October.
He said all of the information will be gleaned from fisheries officers in each region at the end of the season Oct. 7.