For the second year in a row, local music promoter Paul Heppleston is organizing a benefit concert in aid of families who will find themselves at the Janeway Children’s Hospital during Christmas.
The cause has a deep personal connection for the Pasadena resident and his family as his daughter Stella has had many visits there since she was diagnosed with a brain tumour in the fall of 2013.
The benefit concert is happening at the Rotary Arts Centre in Corner Brook this Friday night. Heppleston has arranged a series of performers who will take to the stage throughout the evening and will be backed up by house band The Heppletones.
Once again, every cent raised at this year’s benefit will go to families spending the holiday season with their children at the Janeway. In fact, it will be used to purchase gift cards that families can use at restaurants to give themselves a break from hospital food.
Anyone who cannot go to the concert can still make a donation.
How to go or donate
- Get tickets online at www.rotaryartscentre.yapsody.com, by calling 630-0012 or at the Rotary Arts Centre box office daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Donate via email money transfer at email@example.com
- House band, The Heppletones: Michael Moulton, Katie Barrett, Scott Sheppard, Nick Hamlyn and Paul Heppleston
- Student performers: Bridget and Dahlia, Caylie Hopkins, Jesse Hackett, Kiera Eddy, Noah Hamilton and Stephanie Russell
- Veteran performers: Katie Barrett, Nick Hamlyn and Tom Brennan, Gary and Whit and Mark Bragg