Above are the seven pages included in the field orders issued by Service NL against Janet Ma, owner of 27 Humber Rd., the building that was abruptly evacuated on Feb. 7 when the power was cut off following a complaint to the Corner Brook Fire Department.
The building was home to eight apartment tenants and a restaurant, Pho Vietnam.
"We identified various serious issues which represented electrical safety issues," said Vanessa Colman-Sadd, director of communications for Service NL in an email.
"These included improper grounding, electrical panels located in unsafe areas, inability to disconnect power in individual units, work performed by un-qualified individuals, use of unapproved equipment such as extension cords acting as permanent wiring and in many places the wiring was unprotected."
Some information of a personal nature was redacted from the order provided to The Western Star.
The provincial government provided the vacated tenants with hotel accommodations, but the tenants were told that assistance could end on Thursday.