The students were chosen at their regional fairs for their outstanding projects, passion for their topic and excellent communication skills.
The videos are now online for public viewing, commenting and voting.
- Anna W from St. John’s, “The Art & Ingenuity of Christopher Pratt”
- Benjamin T from Greens Harbour, “The Great Fire St. Johns 1892”
-Brianna B from Old Perlican, “Looking Back”
- Brooklyn B from Gambo, “Samson Bixby: My Blue Puttee”
- Caleb O from Corner Brook, “I Vow to Thee My Country”
- Clare C from Corner Brook, “Colemans... Keeping Our Stories Alive”
- Dillon B from Whiteway, “Ma Bibliothèque Locale”
- Elizabeth C from St. John’s, “The History of Logging in Newfoundland Labrador”
- Klaire H from Bonavista, “Restoring Our Heritage, One Nail At A Time”
- Rebecca P from Clarenville, “The Voluntary Aid Detachment”
- Shana B from Whiteway, “What stories these objects could tell”
- Windell S from St. George’s, “The 1929 Tsunami”
Two of the students will represent the province at Canada’s History National Youth Forum in Ottawa this fall.
One youth delegate will be selected by popular vote, and the other by a panel of judges.
Voting closes at midnight July 7.
The videos can also be found at the Historic Sites Assocition of Newfoundland and Labrador's website here.