British Columbia Mounties in Salmon Arm say a woman is dead and carbon monoxide may be to blame after a camping incident Saturday morning.
RCMP were called to a private campground outside Salmon Arm, B.C., around 10 a.m. where they found a woman dead and a youth in serious condition.
Through their investigation, police said they believe the pair were camping in a tent and went to bed around midnight the night before. Mounties said they located a cooking pot in the tent, with wood ash believed to be used as a source of heat.
RCMP said it appeared both occupants may have been overcome by carbon monoxide from the wood burning.
The youth was transported to hospital by B.C. Air Ambulance, Mounties said, adding the investigation was in its early stages Saturday.
Copyright Postmedia Network Inc., 2019