The Stephenville town council approved seven items under permits and municipal plan at its regular general meeting on Thursday at noon hour.
- Tony Wakeham 2019 Election Campaign – permit to operate an election campaign headquarters and erect campaign signage at 25 Prince Rupert Drive.
- John Finn 2019 Election Campaign – permit to operate an election campaign headquarters and erect campaign signage at 69 Main Street.
- Dillon Consulting – permit to drill test holes for environmental testing at 1150 Tank Area.
- Community Education Network – permit to occupy the building at 10 Tennessee Drive to accommodate youth housing.
- Toulon Development – outline planning permission to develop a parking lot in “Parcel C” Area on property at 22-40 Campbell Avenue, subject to approval of Water Resources Management Division.
- Pennell’s Auto Repair – permit to operate an auto repair business at 22 Hansen Memorial Highway.
- Bay St. George Status of Women Council – approval to host a “slut-walk” on June 27 from Main Street, Queen Street and St. Clare Avenue to finish at the women’s centre.