This summer’s Friendly Invasion events in Stephenville kicked off Wednesday evening, July 10, with a large parade involving people of diverse backgrounds that make up the community.
Some were portraying people from the past, while others represented the Mi’kmaq Indigenous Community to the Bay St. George Filipino – Canadian Community.
Community organizations and first responders in the community were also well represented in the parade that formed up at St. Stephen’s parking lot and proceeded to Blanche Brook Park, where there was a band, singing and a barbecue.
Deb Coughlin of the Stephenville Cultural Destinations said there were over 200 participants in the parade and about 300 at the park.
Friendly Invasion Events:
- Tales on the Trail – July 14 at 7 p.m.; July 19 at 2 p.m.; July 28 at 7 p.m.; Aug. 4 at 2 p.m.
- Bonfires on the Beach – 7 p.m. each Wednesday.
- Music in the Park (Blanche Brook) – 7 p.m. each Thursday.
- Theatre in the Park (Blanche Brook) – 7 p.m. on July 15, July 22 and July 29.
- Boil Up in the Park (Harmon Seaside) – 6 p.m. on July 13 and July 27.
Source: Stephenville Destinations Committee