David Walsh sees the trial runs of the upcoming Stephenville Farmers Market taking place on three Saturdays this fall as a great community-oriented family event.
The first market will take place this Saturday. It will be followed by events Sept. 21 and Oct. 5.
Walsh, who is championing the event on behalf of Ben’s PharmaChoice, said there won't be a farmers market Sept. 28 because it would conflict with the Port au Port Agricultural/Craft Fall Fair happening that same weekend.
Walsh said, to his knowledge, this will be the first full-fledged farmers market attempted in Stephenville. If successful, it could run for a longer period in coming years.
About the Stephenville Farmers Market:
- Will take place at St. Stephen’s Parish Hall from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- An initiative of the Town of Stephenville with Ben’s PharmaChoice being the main sponsor.
- Model will be to support local producers and give community groups an opportunity to fundraise.
- Vendors will be farmers, crafts people, artists and food vendors.
- Vendors can reserve a table by dropping into Ben’s Pharmacy (PharmaChoice) or by emailing email@example.com
Source: David Walsh