The Stephenville town council approved 11 finance items at its regular general meeting on Thursday at noon hour.
- Expense cheque listing – May 2019 – $573,404.97.
- Accounts payable listing – May 2019 – $163,390.70.
- Poll tax write offs – $164.08 and adjustments – $162.78.
- Business tax adjustments – $2,422.14.
- Property tax write offs – $12,256.55.
- Remission of tax – $3,211.22.
- Adoption of Tax Recovery Plan - approval to adopt tax recovery plan for year ended Dec. 31, 2018.
- Tourism Southwest – grant of $5,000 towards the upgrade of all-terrain vehicle route from Port aux Basques to Stephenville.
- Lions Club District N3 – $120 for ad purchase in the district directory.
- Royal Newfoundland Regiment NL - $3,000 to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment Museum towards the purchase of regimental flags.
- 29th Annual Community Crime Prevention Guide – $530 for an ad in the guide.