Top News

Firefighters tackle Sunday morning St. John's house fire


No injuries

Firefighters were called to a house fire on Monkstown Road just after 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning and found smoke coming from wall near the patio area on the side of the home.

Platoon chief Rick Dehann told the Telegram it appears the fire started in a wall behind a working fireplace and spread from there. He said flames were just starting to break through to the outside when they arrived.

Firefighters had the fire completely out in about twenty minutes after they cut open the side of the house to make sure there were no hotspots.

The fire was originally reported by the homeowner when he noticed a haze of smoke inside the home.

There were no injuries.

Recent Stories