As they did last year, the Corner Brook Royals have distributed money to several minor sports and youth organization’s in the Corner Brook and Bay of Islands area.
After handing out $30,000 to 17 groups in 2018, the West Coast Senior Hockey League team has given away $25,000 to 19 groups this year.
The organization made the presentations to the groups at an event Wednesday night.
As was the case last year, the team accepted applications from groups interesting in receiving a donation. Prior to issuing the call for submissions earlier this year, the team said it had a little less to give this time around because the 2018-19 season had been a little shorter than the previous one.
This is how the Corner Brook Royals dispersed the $25,000 they made available to minor sports and youth organizations this year:
- Blow Me Down Biathlon Club: $1,500
- Blomidon Junior Golf: $1,500
- Marble Mountain Alpine Race Team: $1,500
- Corner Brook Minor Soccer Association: $1,500
- Corner Brook Curling Association: $1,500
- Community Youth Network Lark/York Harbour $1,500
- Corner Brook Reflections: $1,000
- Western Hawks Basketball: $1,000
- Saltos Gymnastics: $1,000
- Town of Meadows: $1,500
- Corner Brook Minor Hockey Association: $1,000
- Western Wolves Minor Basketball: $1,000
- Humber Arm South Youth Group: $2,000
- Special Olympics, Corner Brook: $1,000
- Canada Games ladies curling team: $500
- Corner Brook Baseball Association: $1,500
- Silver Blades Figure Skating Club: $1,500
- Town of Gillams: $2,000
- Corner Brook Rapids Swim Club: $1,000