Maybe next time... I didn’t get to see a puffin on my trip to Newfoundland, but I will be back. Paul Ronald Freeman is kind enough to share this amazing photo he took at Ireland’s Eye, near Trinity Newfoundland. A way office was established on the island in 1886; it is only accessible by boat. Paul was thrilled that his friend Murray took him around to see the provincial bird. Did you know that about 95 per cent of all North America's puffins breed around the Newfoundland and Labrador coasts?
- CINDY DAY: Evening stroll leads to fun chat with some locals on St. John's Battery Road
- Seniors participate in own version of Puffin Patrol in Witless Bay, N.L.
- CPAWS-NL takes step toward dark sky designation in effort to protect puffins
- Want more weather information? Visit your weather page.
- Have a weather question, photo or drawing to share with Cindy Day? Email email@example.com
Cindy Day is the chief meteorologist for SaltWire Network.