Quick thinking by owner saves house from fire in Black Duck Siding

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

BLACK DUCK SIDING  Some quick thinking by a Black Duck Siding man resulted in him likely saving his home on Wednesday.

The Bay St. George RCMP said the man noticed sparks coming from a ceiling fan in his home and he first went and turned off the power in the house before going up into the attic and dousing the fire by throwing some water into the area of the electrical box mounted in the ceiling.

He had the fire out by the time that police and the Stephenville Crossing Volunteer Fire Department arrived at the scene.

Cpl. John Butler said it was really smart thinking by the homeowner to cut the power before going near an electrical fire with water.

Organizations: Stephenville Crossing Volunteer Fire Department

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments