© Star photo by Frank Gale
Firefighter Chris Butt exits Shoppers Drug Mart in Stephenville with a fire extinguisher.
STEPHENVILLE A fire this morning at Shoppers Drug Mart in Stephenville Plaza appears to have been cause by an electrical problem.
According to a staff member, there were flames coming from a wall and the building filled with smoke but all staff quickly exited the building. The fire was noticed at about 9 a.m. and the Stephenville Fire Department attended.
The fire was put out quickly and firefighters then used a large fan to blow the smoke out of the building.
A staff member said he is hoping staff can return to the store and and that it will be reopened today.