Man says hemp oil is beating his cancer

Barb
Barb Sweet

St. John’s cancer patient Paul Morrissey is convinced marijuana oil is a cure for the disease. — Photo by Rhonda Hayward/The Telegram

A St. John’s man suffering from prostate cancer that had metastasized is crediting marijuana oil treatment with putting him on the mend.

“It makes me feel 20 years younger, that’s what the marijuana oil does,” said Paul Morrissey, adding he shovelled snow for three hours during the recent blizzard and blackout with no problems.

“There was pretty ferocious wind and snow. I came out of it looking like a walking popsicle. However after all that work and so forth I was in excellent condition. Even without cancer, I wouldn’t suspect I’d last that long or do that well.”

Morrissey’s prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood levels have improved dramatically and there has been some regression in his lymph nodes and abdomen, said his family physician, Dr. Randy Hart, who was given permission to speak about his patient’s case.

Hart can’t say if the unorthodox treatment helped.

But Morrissey’s PSA levels dropped nearly 10 times from their previous level — down to 3.3 from 29.5.

“Now whether it’s the marijuana oil, I can’t comment on that,” Hart said Friday.

“There certainly has been a major improvement in his situation. And I am delighted for him, delighted overall.”

Hart said when Morrissey first mentioned the marijuana oil to him, he was skeptical and implored him to embark on conventional treatment.

Morrissey did agree to go to an oncologist and was also seeing a urologist.

Morrissey said he did take pill medication for roughly a month and an injection prescribed by his oncologist, but is so convinced the oil was what helped him, he has discontinued the course of conventional treatment.

He said he hasn’t received any chemotherapy or radiation either.

“I have known Paul for a long time. … He is a spiritual guy,” Hart said, adding the oncologist’s prescribed medication may have contributed to lower PSA levels.

“He did receive some conventional treatment, but he did have a really good response. From my perspective, there was a huge improvement. We should all be open to listening to people. But there is no way I could say with any certainty the hemp oil had anything to do with it.”

The Telegram first told Morrissey’s story in September 2013 when he said at Stage 4 prostate cancer, he was putting his faith in the marijuana oil treatment.

At the time, Morrissey said he’d put medical treatment off for a year and was frantically trying to source the oil.

The cancer was then spreading to his back and lymph nodes, but Morrissey said it was because he could only source a small amount of the oil in Toronto and hadn’t obtained enough to cure the disease.

But soon after the story ran, he said he was able to find a supply not in this province, but on the mainland, which has cost him less than $4,000, Morrissey said Friday.

Morrissey insists his PSA levels plummeted because of six weeks on the marijuana oil.

He was sold on the controversial marijuana oil treatment after watching a video by Rick Simpson of Maccan, N.S., called “Run from the Cure.”

In the video, Simpson claims the marijuana oil is nature’s miracle and that he gave it away to about 5,000 people for free until he ran into legal barriers.

Simpson asserts medical, legal and political authorities and the pharmaceutical industry are ignoring the cancer epidemic and the potential of the oil.

Morrissey said that on his way to Toronto in December 2012, he stopped in Maccan and spent five hours with Simpson and some others featured in the video, which suggests marijuana oil as a fix not only for cancer but various types of pain and a range of diseases such as glaucoma and diabetes. The video also provides instructions for making the oil.

“Four people in that house had cancer,” Morrissey said last fall. “They cured themselves.”

The oil is taken orally and doesn’t produce a high, Morrissey insists. Some claim rubbing it on skin cancer lesions as a cure.

On Friday, Morrissey renewed the plea he made last fall for a clinical trial on the marijuana oil to prove what he thinks is its medicinal benefit for others.

“I’m OK with my cancer. I will be fine,” he said. “But there are a lot of people out there who are dying.”

Cannabis or marijuana products and their derivatives are illegal and fall under Schedule II of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.

bsweet@thetelegram.com

Twitter: bsweettweets

Organizations: PSA, Stage 4

Geographic location: Toronto, Maccan

Comments

Comments

• vnrg609
    July 22, 2014 - 17:34

Warning: There is no ricksimpsonfoundation01@gmail.com, ricksimpsonfoundation@gmail.com, ricksimpsonoilcancercure1@gmail.com, ricksimpsonoilfoundation@gmail.com, ricksimpsoncancerfoundation@gmail.com, chrisscannabiseoiltreatment@gmail.com, ricksimpsoncurecancer@admin.in.th, drjacquelinepalmerhealthcare@live.com, simpsonhempoil@gmail.com, rickcancercure@gmail.com, MUDI.AKA.ORGANSCLEANER@GMAIL.COM, dr.brycecannabisoiltreatment@hotmail.com, dr.raymondcannabisoil@hotmail.com, ricksimpsoncancercure01@gmail.com, ricksimpsoncurecancer@hotmail.com, isthhealthcareservice@outlook.com, ricksimcanabis@gmail.com, rickcancercure02@gmail.com, specialcannabisfromarinjale@gmail.com, ricksimpson.cancersolution@gmail.com, ricksimson_oil@qq.com, ricksimpsonmedicalservice@gmail.com etc.. Only the big scammers hiding behind these names. Unfortunately I am the one of their victims. Be careful and don't trust them and in any of their "stories" They are all scammers!!!

• MRS ANITA BENSON
    July 08, 2014 - 19:23

My Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was at the point of death, with cancer of the Breast in it final stage is now back alive and she is so healthy now. Thanks to Dr Williams cannabis oil that we bought a: williammedicalservice@outlook.com, the Hemp oil was successfully used in curing my mother breast cancer within 3 months as stated in phoenix tear. Once again i want to thank Dr Williams for his wonderful Hemp Oil we are now happy family with my mother back alive, strong and healthy. you can contact for your medication at: williammedicalservice@outlook.com

• carey james
    June 28, 2014 - 22:21

I remember waking up each morning thinking that was going to be my last day on earth because my doctors told me that nothing could be done to save my life, i still remember it like it was yesterday but all that is in the past now because i have been cancer free 4 the past 6months. I am so glad that i have been given a 2nd chance to live and i owe that to contact: rickcancercure02@gmail.com and their team of experts who helped me with hemp oil that cured my cancer. I had lost hope but in Dr. Rick Simpson i found hope and eventually my cure. Carey James, Toronto, Canada

• Banda Brown
    June 27, 2014 - 01:15

WARNING! Be careful here. Nobody that can provide you with cannabis or hemp oil or advice you on how to get any other cancer treatment therapy here. They are all scams. Real scams. Unfortunately i was a victim and they took away all my money. Any advice or suggestion from any of them, you must ignore. If not for the help a very good friend of my who later directed me to a very genuine source where he got cannabis oil that cured his mothers cancer, i would have been dead by now. I won't provide all his contact information for fear of impersonation by this heartless scams. I can only provide his email. His email is(ricksimpsonoilfoundation@gmail.com). I will advice that you Contact him directly and free yourself from all these scams who are trying to take advantage of peoples predicament.

• rick Simpon
    June 26, 2014 - 19:52

Four years ago I was diagnosed of diabetes, as if the pains of diabetes wasn’t bad enough Last year I was also diagnosed of cancer which was more critical in my case because of the diabetes which I already had. It was as if my world had come to an end cause the doctor told me that it was only by the grace of the almighty that I was alive to receive their diagnosis. As usual I was given few weeks to live but the pains I went through made each day feel like my last and I was so scared cause I wasn’t ready to leave this world yet, I had a lot of things that I wanted to do that I hadn’t done yet and I knew the almighty wouldn’t call on me before I started my mission on earth. My little niece told me about Rick Simpson cannabis oil when she came visiting, she told me she heard her friend’s mom talking about it and she persuaded me to look it up, I watched some of his videos and read some comments online and I was pleased with what I saw so I gave him a call and sent him an email We talked and I was convinced that he was my ticket to my new dawn. I purchased the oil and I have being following the prescription that I was given for the past two months and there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived, energized and rejuvenated.If passing through this pain, please contact Ricks on rickcannabisoil@outlook.com , rickcanercure01@gmail.com or call them on: Mobile: +1252-266-067

• carey james
    June 24, 2014 - 19:14

I remember waking up each morning thinking that was going to be my last day on earth because my doctors told me that nothing could be done to save my life, i still remember it like it was yesterday but all that is in the past now because i have been cancer free 4 the past 6months.I am so glad that i have been given a 2nd chance to live and i owe that to contact: rickcancercure02@gmail.com and their team of experts who helped me with hemp oil that cured my cancer. I had lost hope but in Dr. Rick Simpson i found hope and eventually my cure. Carey James, Toronto, Canada.

• Mrs Ellen Bates
    June 24, 2014 - 18:36

My Husband that was highly infected with colon cancer gets to other parts of the body, he was even given 6 months live. God, life for the family was a living hell with sorrow in the heart, but today i am shouting out to the world that the hemp oil have save my husband from dying. he is still alive and we are in the 11th months now. God is so great to the Faithful. Thanks to Dr.Brown Nelson that sold the Hemp oil for us that we used in curing my Husband. Once again I want to thank Dr.Brown Nelson for his wonderful Hemp Oil, we are now happy family with my Husband back alive, strong and healthy. You can contact Dr.Brown Nelson on every medical issue on his email;brownnelson07@aol.com for more help

• Wagner
    June 17, 2014 - 20:24

my wife has been suffering from thyroid cancer which was confirmed to be stage four, the doctor told me there was little she could do since she wasn’t responding to treatment but my brother in law came to our rescue by ordering this hemp oil from rick Simpson which he said he has been helping some patient fight against cancer of various types so we decided to give it a chance, so far my wife is improving perfectly very well and presently she can walk around the house all by herself. I felt its necessary i let others who are suffering from this acute disease that once you have a good hemp oil it can really give one a sound second chance of living. if you happen to be in need of this hemp oil you can contact the foundation who supplied my brother in law with this email: rickcancercure02@gmail.com Wagner

• mark henry
    June 14, 2014 - 04:49

Thanks so much to Rick Simpson for providing us with his Cannabis Oil medication that has been successfully used in curing my wife breast cancer which she has been suffering from for past 6years. My wife was diagnose with breast cancer 6 years ago, she has done Chemo and radiation and surgery, after so much being spent on several treatment plan with no useful result, my wife still suffered from her breast cancer which later spread to other parts of her body. I was introduce to the Rick Simpson 7 months ago, after which I purchased his Cannabis Oil medication about 4 months ago via(ricksimpsonfoundation@gmail.com) which my wife start her treatment immediately upon the delivery of the medication.

• rita
    June 09, 2014 - 18:02

I am so grateful to Rick for providing me with Hemp oil here in the United State of America. I was diagnose with breast cancer 3 years ago, and ever since i have done a lot of Chemo and Radiation that have not helped me, but only damaged my immune system and render it weak and helpless. I came across the Phoenix Tears and i have read about the Rick Simpson Hemp oil a lot and saw that he could provide me with Hemp Oil here in the State, i contact him on ricksimpsoncancerfoundation@gmail.com for the procurement of this medication, to my surprise the medication was procured and delivered within 48 hours and i have been on treatment for the past 3 months. Am now here to testify that am no more a cancer patient, I have experience a total transformation in my health sector with Rick Simpson Hemp oil service. for all cancer patient that live in the America and Canada region, get your Hemp oil from ricksimpsoncancerfoundation@gmail.com

• varret nelson
    June 06, 2014 - 18:25

My father In law who was diagonalize with Prostate cancer and he was at the point of death with Prostate cancer that was in it final stage is now healthy and back alive, so strong and sound in his healthy. He is so healthy now. Thanks to Rick Simpson cannabis oil that we used in curing his cancer at: ricksimpsoncannabisoil1953@gmail.com his Hemp oil was successfully used in curing my father in-law Prostate cancer within 3 months as stated in the dosage information provided by rick Simpson. Once again i want to thank rick for his wonderful Hemp Oil, the family is now in great unity with so much hope of spending the Christmas in peace and tranquility because the joy of the family which is our father in-law is back alive, strong and healthy. you can contact for your medication at: ricksimpsoncannabisoil1953@gmail.com

• mugasin
    June 01, 2014 - 05:18

MY HUSBAND WAS CURED OF LIVER CANCER WITH CANNABIS OIL TREATMENT My name is Mugasin from Ireland and my husband was diagnosed of liver cancer,He was even given 4 months to live.The family were living hell with sorrows in our hearts, but today i am shouting out to the world that the cannabis oil have save my husband from dieing.This cannabis oil was supplied to us from London United Kingdom via londoncancercentre@gmail.com with prescription on how to use it for the treatment of cancer.He is still alive and free from cancer and we are in the 11 months now.Joy have been restored to the family

• helen
    June 01, 2014 - 00:50

My Stage IV breast cancer and MS has just been cured with the cannabis oil gotten from ricksimpsoncancerfoundation@gmail.com, cannabis oil is great medication. To hell with the government and their insane policy, we have a medication that is hundred percent assured to cure cancer and you don’t need to spend so much money on anymore on chemo, radiation or surgeries that wouldn’t work. Where to purchase, contact Rick: ricksimpsoncancerfoundation@gmail.com My family is now a brand new one, so stop your worries and go get your medication and set the family free of the deadly disease that hold no respect to family harmony. Make your health a better one by using cannabis oil in your everyday life.

• kim
    May 19, 2014 - 20:31

Four years ago I was diagnosed of diabetes, as if the pains of diabetes wasn’t bad enough Last year I was also diagnosed of cancer which was more critical in my case because of the diabetes which I already had. It was as if my world had come to an end cause the doctor told me that it was only by the grace of the almighty that I was alive to receive their diagnosis. As usual I was given few weeks to live but the pains I went through made each day feel like my last and I was so scared cause I wasn’t ready to leave this world yet, I had a lot of things that I wanted to do that I hadn’t done yet and I knew the almighty wouldn’t call on me before I started my mission on earth. My little niece told me about Rick Simpson cannabis oil when she came visiting, she told me she heard her friend’s mom talking about it and she persuaded me to look it up, I watched some of his videos and read some comments online and I was pleased with what I saw so I gave him a call and sent him an email We talked and I was convinced that he was my ticket to my new dawn. I purchased the oil and I have being following the prescription that I was given for the past two months and there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived, energized and rejuvenated.If passing through this pain, please contact Ricks on Email.isthhealthcareservice@outlook.com. Kim from LA

• Anni.F Timpson
    May 10, 2014 - 23:00

I am so grateful to Dr.Rick Simpson for providing me with Hemp oil here in the United State of America. I was diagnose with cancer of the lungs 2 years and 3 weeks ago, and ever since then i have done a lot of Chemo and Radiation that have not help me, but only damaged my immune system and render me weak and helpless. I came across the Phoenix Tears and i have read about the Hemp oil a lot and saw the Post that Dr. Rick Simpson could provide me with Hemp Oil here is the State, i contact him on: rickcancercure@gmail.com for the procurement of this medication, to my surprise the medication was procured and delivered within 48 hours and i have been on treatment for the past 3 months. Am now here to testify that am no longer a cancer patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life with Dr. Rick Simpson Hemp oil service. for all cancer patient that live in the America region and and Europe at large, get your Hemp oil from Dr. Rick Simpson at: rickcancercure@gmail.com

• Anita
    March 07, 2014 - 02:57

This is Anita from USA i am so very happy to tell the whole world about my through life testimony,i was a victim of Neck cancer for close to four years just recently i came in search of some one who could help me with an infective cannabis oil because i heard it can cure me of my cancer and just one faithful day my cousin said he saw this man Dr.Raymond Wallace how people where sharing testimony on line,i had to ask for his contact and he gave it to me and that same day i was able to contact him through his email and he told me not to worry that it his own works perfectly than you can imagine i tried it and behold my neck cancer for close to four yes started healing fast and now i am perfectly ok thanks so much Dr.Raymond Wallace for your help your service is very genuine and i will let the whole world know of your good work and to whom it may concern if you are still there searching for everlasting solution to your problem i advice you contact Dr.Raymond on his email (dr.raymondcannabisoil@hotmail.com)

• June Porter
    March 04, 2014 - 14:41

I had cancer and if it comes back, I'd be willing to try this oil, if I could afford it.

• Robert Borg
    February 17, 2014 - 04:41

I have mesothelioma. I need to find out where to buy hemp oil to cure my cancer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Donna
      May 22, 2014 - 03:02

Contact Corrie Yelland on Facebook, she can direct u. Good luck

• Robert Borg
    February 17, 2014 - 04:39

• julie anderson
    February 12, 2014 - 19:12

have seen a couple of different hemp oils to buy in states that have legalized medical marijuana. do know which one to buy! any suggestions would be very appreciated!!

• Paul G.
    January 27, 2014 - 15:24

I was diagnosed with stage 4 gastric C in March 2013. Had half of my stomach removed because the growth was blocking the entrance to my intestine. Also did 12 rounds of chemo. Diagnoses now is that it has shrunk by at least 50%. And now it is contained!! I live in southern California and I need to get some of the cannabis oil. Where can I get this oil?? I will travel if necessary but I do not want to get arrested for transporting this stuff. Anyone is welcome to e-mail me with good info.....

• California
    January 20, 2014 - 21:17

My father is a cancer patient in the states. Through this story he was able to obtain this oil very easily and legal might I add. If nfld actually started trials on this product and it proves worthy. We could be the leading province on the cure for cancer. Thank you Paul for this story and the courage of going public. Now only if governments would listen it would be great.

• Brian O'Dea
    January 19, 2014 - 15:17

I love how the doctor continues to make the point that he cannot attribute his improvement to the oil. Chicken. Listen doc... if is looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and lives in the pond, chances are it is a duck.

• B Morgan
    January 19, 2014 - 12:13

I firmly believe the cure for cancer and many other diseases are already here, but not used. Why? MONEY! There's too much money being made in the treatment of the disease, money raised for 'research'. If you cure people there's no need to keep raising money 'looking' for the cure (drug companies don't like that), we'll will live longer, costing the government money for social programs (they don't like that). How is it we can't cure the common cold, yet go to any pharmacy or supermarket and look at all the treatments for the common cold. Mind boggling!

• Robert Brown
    January 19, 2014 - 11:23

Big pharma is against the oil because it would cut into their profits from the ridiculous high prices of their cancer treatments.

• mainlander
    January 19, 2014 - 10:53

There's no money in prevention & finding a cure, therefore untested additives continue to be put in our food & environment and we continue to get sick to keep the multi-billion dollar profit machine going.

• Johnny Five
    January 19, 2014 - 09:08

Here is the link to the documentary noted in the above article: http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/159948/RUN_FROM_THE_CURE_The_Rick_Simpson_Story__A_Film_by_Christian_Laurette/

• Johnny Five
    January 19, 2014 - 09:05

You cannot patent a plant. No patent means no profits. Big pharmaceutical companies will make sure this does not get approval. Gov't and big corps only care about profits and do not care about the poor people who are dying. When they made hemp illegal decade ago it was to protect the drug companies profits.

• William Thompson
    January 18, 2014 - 23:49

Sounds like me. A year ago I had prostate cancer with a Gleason 9 but it hadn't started to metastasize. I was close but lucky. After taking doses of 3/10 gram per day of Cannabis oil for six month my last biopsy showed I was 99.9% cancer clean. There was only two small spots total in the 12 prostate sections. It makes me sick that the medical experts are letting all these people die when there is such an easy cure. I was just talking to a friend whose son in law has brain cancer and the doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for him. He will start with cannabis oil, RSO next week. There are a lot of people alive today that the doctors gave up on and then were saved with cannabis oil. No cutting, no radiation and no chemo! This is in Washington State where medical cannabis is legal and numerous miracles are happening every day.

• Barbara Arora
      January 21, 2014 - 16:27

Please let me know how this works out for your friend! My sister-in-law has been diagnosised with Lung Ca which has metastasized to her brain & adrenal glands. Chemo & radiation helped but tumours became more prevelant after stopping treatment for 2 months. Now she has stopped treatment all together.

• ellen
      May 26, 2014 - 18:17

Hi Barbara, How did things turn out for your sister-in-law? I hope she is doing very well! My sister has almost identical circumstances and the doctors have given her 30-60 days to live. She is willing to try anything.

• William Thompson
    January 18, 2014 - 23:48

• Geraldo Santana
      March 30, 2014 - 22:30

Hi William, you can tell me what website you bought hemp oil?

• Geraldo Santana
      March 30, 2014 - 22:32

Hi William, you can tell me what website you bought hemp oil?

• Virginia Waters
    January 18, 2014 - 22:42

Delighted for Mr. Morrissey but the article is very confusing and potentially misleading. Part of the problem stems from the use of the term 'hemp oil'. I think we can assume that Morrissey was taking cannabis oil and not hemp oil (i.e. hempseed oil). Hemp oil is legal (and cheap) in Canada provided it does not contain more than 10 PPM of THC (the hallucinogenic). Health benefits are claimed for both hemp oil (absent THC) and cannabis oil (with high levels of THC). Indeed the THC is itself considered an active ingredient from a medical point of view. Legality is another - very complex - matter. Yes cannabis is illegal in Canada (except under medical exemption) as is cannabis oil for the most part. Apparently there are some synthetic versions that are approved for medical use. No doubt there are already many Canadians travelling to U.S. states where these products are legal. And there is growing evidence that supports their therapeutic value. Of course anyone with a serious medical condition needs to make - and should be free to make - that determination for himself/herself.

• Karen
    January 18, 2014 - 21:33

Where can I find hemp oil for sale? I am afraid to make it myself. Stage 4 colon cancer

• Robert
      January 20, 2014 - 19:57

Wow..... Very similar story. Wife got diagnosed with Stage 4 terminal lung cancer. Go home and put your affairs in order, she was told.... Can't be, to young, to hard to accept, what can we do..... Went to McCan Nova Scotia and met Rick Simpsons son... Got educated.... Started my wife on oil...yes HASH oil. Last CT no more fluid around her lung and the tumor has not changed.... Is it the oil, Is it God...a combination of a lot of things,,,,,I don't know, but I do know that this cancer business is not going to take her without a fight. It is time the Doctors, and especially the pharmacy companies opened up and really told the exact story of Cancer.... Billions of dollars have been collected and, over 50 years that I can remember, when someone gets cancer they are sent to St. John's and get Chemo and or radiation... Is that the best we can do with all the research and money that has been collected and spent over those 50 years... UNBELIEVABLE. Isn't it... Lets educate the people and start the fight for the patients and not the pharmacy companies. Time we healed rather than fill the pockets of them isn't it...

• Jill Cray
    January 18, 2014 - 21:29

I was delighted today to read the follow-up on this story. So glad to hear that Paul is doing great and cancer free. It goes to show we definitely need clinical trials on this form of treatment. I always thought nature is the best medicine. We should all be stocking this is our medicine cabinets and probably taking this like vitamins but if we don't do the proper trials we'll truly never know. Government needs to be listening here.....

• Storm Crow
    January 18, 2014 - 16:14

Run a search for "Granny Storm Crow's List" for more information on how cannabis heals. Other articles that may interest you- "Tommy Chong Is "Cancer Free;" Claims Marijuana Cures Cancer" (MedicalDaily); "Cannabis For Infant's Brain Tumor, Doctor Calls Child "A Miracle Baby"" (HuggingtonPost); "Cannabis Science Provides Physician’s Documentation That Confirms Successful Treatment of Skin Cancer" (BusinessWire) and a forum post "Cancer the tumors are really shrinking"(run a search on the title). For those of you who only have access to small amounts of cannabis, the forum post "Making a Small Batch of Hemp Oil~ Easy Peasy!" can show you how to make a little at a time.

• Citizen
    January 18, 2014 - 15:28

I am convinced that many cures can be found in plants. All the best to this gentleman.

• CITIZEN 2.
      January 20, 2014 - 22:39

I,ALSO AGREE THAT CURES CAN BE FOUND IN PLANTS, LOCAL AND NATIONAL,ALSO FROM AROUND THE WORLD.