Case of Quebecer charged with murder in ex-girlfriend's death put off until May 30


Published on April 19, 2017

SAINT-HYACINTHE, Que. — The case of a Quebec man charged with first-degree murder in his ex-girlfriend's slaying has been put off until May 30.

Anthony Pratte-Lops has changed lawyers and his new attorney says she still has not received most of the evidence.

Marie-Eve D'Anjou says she needs several weeks to get up to speed in the case.

Pratte-Lops is charged in the death of 18-year-old Daphne Huard-Boudreault.

She died in hospital on March 22 after she was attacked in a home the couple had shared in Mont-St-Hilaire, about 45 kilometres southeast of Montreal.

Pratte-Lops was arrested at the scene.

A police watchdog agency is investigating the actions of local police amid reports Huard-Boudreault feared Pratte-Lops and that authorities weren't much help to her.

Public Security Minister Martin Coiteux said last month the investigation is necessary given the different versions raised in the media about the way local police handled the case.

The Canadian Press